Interlakes Community Caregivers is a 501(c)3 nonprofit volunteer program that provides rides for medical and personal appointments, grocery shopping, and other direct services free of charge to assist residents in their daily lives. Services are provided by volunteers to adult residents in Meredith, Moultonborough, Center Harbor, and Sandwich.
Position Title: Administrative Assistant / Bookkeeper
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-time hourly, year-round position
The Administrative Assistant/Bookkeeper works within a small team of support staff and an active Board of Directors to provide a range of services. This position is primarily responsible for providing administrative support for the office and managing the bookkeeping and donor database for the organization. This is an hourly position, scheduled for 12 hours per week as needed. This position reports to and receives instruction from the Executive Director in general and the Treasurer of the Board of Directors as appropriate.
- Keep records of financial transactions for the organization. Reconcile bank accounts. May perform various other duties pertaining to financial transactions.
- Manage donor database, Little Green Light.
- Provide administrative support to Executive Director and Lead Coordinator.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintain bookkeeping. Enter transactions, make deposits, pay bills utilizing QuickBooks Online.
- Prepare bookkeeping reports including monthly balance sheets and activity statements.
- Maintain donor database using Little Green Light – enter donations, update contact information, and generate correspondence as appropriate.
- Newsletter and fundraising appeal assistance – create mailing labels and produce mailings.
- Maintain Neighbor and Volunteer records and administer monthly volunteer driver compliance notices.
- Maintain office supplies inventory, order as needed.
- Print and collate Information Packets and Volunteer Education Manuals as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- Associates degree in accounting or bookkeeping, or 2+ years of experience.
- Demonstrated database management skills.
- Demonstrated computer skills with proficiency in QuickBooks, Excel, and mail merges.
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills.
- Ability to deal and work effectively with a variety of people.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to monitor work schedule and workload in order to meet deadlines within time constraints.
This position is an employee-at-will and no contractual agreements should be inferred from this job description. Employees must successfully pass employment screening to include criminal history, driving records, and elderly and sexual offense background checks. Interlakes Community Caregivers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Please email letters of interest and resumes to [email protected].