Position Title: Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Part-time (20 hours/week), year-round position
The Volunteer Coordinator works within a small team of supportive staff and an active Board of Directors to implement a range of services. This part-time, 20 hour a week position is primarily responsible for managing the coordination process to ensure excellent delivery of services to our Neighbors. This position directs volunteer recruitment, orientation, training and on-going volunteer support and Neighbor intake and administrative duties. The Volunteer Coordinator provides periodic support to the Executive Director and other duties as assigned. This position reports to and receives instruction from the Executive Director.
- Acts as lead coordinator to match service requests with volunteer drivers.
- Provides initial training and ongoing support, guidance and continuing education for volunteer coordinators and prepares monthly schedule.
- Addresses Neighbor and volunteer issues with guidance and collaboration of the Executive Director as appropriate.
- Prepares and initiates volunteer coordinator quarterly meetings.
- Ensures proper administrative paperwork requirements for Neighbors and volunteers is complete and files are up-to-date.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and implement the coordination process
- Serves as a coordinator on duty 1-2 days per week or when needed, which requires matching service requests with volunteers.
- Learns the Assisted Rides Program to readily assist with necessary reports for volunteer and Neighbor documentation.
- Schedule monthly coordinators’ assignments to ensure daily ( Monday-Friday) coordinator on duty.
- Reviews new Neighbor information received from office and make sure the intake process is completed. Also ensures Volunteer Coordinators have essential information to complete their tasks.
- Implement and evaluate volunteer recruitment and orientation
- Recruits, screens, interviews and check references of all volunteers.
- Collaborates with Administrative Assistant to update Volunteer Education Manual as needed.
- Ensures all necessary paperwork is completed and kept current in volunteer files and in Assisted Rides, and communicates to office staff, including Agreement to Serve, time availability, service type, and current driver’s license and insurance.
- Reviews volunteers’ status annually and update individual files.
- Collaborate with the Executive Director to plan and execute volunteer appreciation events and activities
- Maintains contact with volunteers to ensure ongoing retention and well-being.
- Assists in planning of volunteer appreciation events or meetings.
- Encourages volunteer participation in ICCI events, such as fundraisers and Annual Meeting.
- Assists in writing submissions to the newsletter as needed.
Preferred Skills and Qualifications
- An outgoing individual with strong communications skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Attention to detail and good organizational skills
- Ability to deal and work effectively with a variety of people
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to monitor work schedule and workload in order to meet deadlines within time constraints
- Demonstrated computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office and email communication
- Demonstrated supervisory skills and volunteer management
This position is an employee-at-will and no contractual agreements should be inferred from this job description. Interlakes Community Caregivers, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.